Dear 2014

Dear, 2014

 I must reminisce with you. You have been a year to remember. You will be a year that I tell my grandchildren about someday, a year that when I'm old and wrinkly, I look back upon and smile with remembrance. A year that chose to test my limits, to bring me pain and then replace it with joy. You have stripped me of my pride on countless occasions only to replace it with humble thoughts. You've strengthened my relationship with my family. You've brought me life-long matrimony with a man that is kind and loyal to his word. You've brought me a daughter that has striking blue eyes and a soul made of joy and love. Oh, 2014, you have been one for the books. I'd like to thank you for your constant roller coaster because it taught me that life holds no promises. I'd like to thank you for your constant changes, they taught me how to adjust and accept. I'd like to thank you for the consistency of your months that come so quickly and leave so quietly. 
2014, you have not been a year that came and went with disappointing regrets, resolutions not completed and exceptions not met. You had plans I never expected and you held memories I'll never forget. Goodbye 2014, I'll welcome this new year with you in mind and bring along what you've taught me.

Love,
Mallory 

No comments